When we learned that some friends with an apartment in New York City weren’t using it for a week, right before school started, we dropped everything for a week in the Big Apple. New York City is one of my favorite cities, and we have been talking for years about showing it to our boys. With the pandemic, we had planned to wait a while longer, but we were able to enjoy the city while staying safe. Broadway wasn’t open yet during our visit, but everything else was up and running.
I tried to plan a mix of culture, history, fun, and exploration during our week, and true to how we travel, I left plenty of downtime in our itinerary. If you are also looking for a moderately-paced itinerary good for younger kids (ours are 5 and 8), don’t miss my Insider’s Guide to NYC with Kids.
The guide includes everything you need to know, including:
- A day by day itinerary for families
- Date night rooftop bar recommendations for that rare moment away
- How to get around the city
- The tour we almost didn’t take, but loved
- The “museum” that blew us away
- The surprising activity our kids loved best, that we never would have guessed
Don’t miss it!